Author Topic: Anyone get this glitch?  (Read 4059 times)

Offline Tanis

• Sponsor
Anyone get this glitch?
« on: April 15, 2007, 11:55:16 PM »
I'm going along, playing BF2142, usually doing pretty well (which is always when this glitch happens because EA loves to SCREW me), I've been in the server for hours, and suddenly I get kicked from the server and it tells me that my connection was lost.

I join back up, jump in a transport chopper to fly over to where ever I was before getting kicked, and 3 or 4 (it's always a lot of people who have never spawned in my chopper before now) spawn in my chopper.  Just then, my connection gets lost again, and the chopper flies off to oblivion, taking whoever was unfortunate enough to spawn in it with it because they usually don't notice that there is no more pilot or I was doing some crazy maneuver at the time and the chopper rolls over too quickly for them to react.  This time I was in the server for maybe 5 minutes before I got kicked.

I jump back in, people bitch at me, but it's ok, because I'm only there for about 1 second before I get kicked this time.

Any server I join after that for at least a day will only have the honor of being graced by my presence for 1 second or less because I always "lose the connection"

None of the updates have solved this.  It has happened to me on three different computers.  I have turned off all programs that are unnecessary, tried using different mice or joy sticks or different hardware of all types, unplugged my printer even, but it still happens.

No one seems to know what the problem is, any suggestions?
Dan "=XGT=Tanis" Scholfield
Director of Public Relations: eXpert Gaming Technology
Behind every expert gamer, is eXpert Gaming Technology.  Who's got your back?

www.xg-technology.com
http://xg-technology.com/forums.php

Email: dscholfield@xg-technology.com
Xfire: tanis2

Offline «TcS»Shark®

• TcS Founder
  • Administrator
Re: Anyone get this glitch?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 09:10:06 AM »
I get this problem sometimes, but not as much as you.  I have no idea what is going on.  Is there an update for your NIC?  You might try updating that and see if that helps.

Offline «TcS»Menace2U®

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 11:21:52 AM »
If you havent tried yet - update your PunkBuster Manualy, check your settings in the "OPTIONS" for your internet speed connections and set accordingly - Make sure your Firewall is set to allow(exception) for 2142 - Unplug your modem to release the address - scan for spyware!! Update your driver for your modem.

If these dont help its something on your providers end.
STEAM PROFILE
GAMER FOR LIFE

Offline «TcS»||BAD||®

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 04:06:40 PM »
I had this problem on the demo.  It wouldnt even let me find servers and stuff, when I joined a server it says connection lost and such. . .

Offline «TcS»InfamousTBG®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 05:19:18 PM »
but then you and i updated pb manually and all was good again ;D
We stopped looking for monsters under our bed once we realized they were inside us.

Offline Tanis

• Sponsor
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 04:42:03 PM »
If you havent tried yet - update your PunkBuster Manualy, check your settings in the "OPTIONS" for your internet speed connections and set accordingly - Make sure your Firewall is set to allow(exception) for 2142 - Unplug your modem to release the address - scan for spyware!! Update your driver for your modem.

If these dont help its something on your providers end.

Sorry I haven't gotten back here recently...I haven't updated PB manually yet so I'll try that, but it's happened to me on two separate computers.  I'm pretty sure it's not my firewall because I did tell it to remember to allow bf2142 unless it changes at which point it has to ask for permission again (I use zonealarm free because I'm poor)

www.xg-technology.com

Offline «TcS»InfamousTBG®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 04:46:51 PM »
Its most likely your pb because after i updated it along with bad we had no problems what so ever
We stopped looking for monsters under our bed once we realized they were inside us.

Offline Tanis

• Sponsor
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 10:50:42 PM »
Its most likely your pb because after i updated it along with bad we had no problems what so ever

PB is such a shitty program

www.xg-technology.com