Author Topic: Sharks Review  (Read 672 times)

Offline «TcS»Shark®

• TcS Founder
  • Administrator
Sharks Review
« on: August 23, 2012, 06:46:30 PM »
So I finally re-Installed RAGE again.  I never had a chance to finish it when I first bought the game.

I of course had to do all the tweaks again to get it running right, but man it looks great.  I only played about 6 or 7 hours when I first bought it.  I guess I got distracted and forgot about it, so I finally re-installed it and am back to where I left off the first time.  I dont think I every gave my opinion of the game the first time around, so here it is...

Sharks score: 8/10.
  • Gameplay is great.  Hit detection fells good as long as you do some tweaks to disable all aim assist.
  • There seems to be plenty of side missions to keep you busy for many hours if you want to get the most out of your money.
  • Driving could have been a little better.  The steering is a little too tight for my tastes, but the weapons on the vehicles are cool and vehicle combat is pretty fun.
  • Graphics are outstanding in my opinion. This is of course after I give each new area 15 seconds to completely render and do whatever it needs to do.  I have about 1 to 5 frames per second for about 15 to 30 seconds.  after that I get a solid 60 frames with no drop.  Before I did my tweaks my frames were all over the place. 
  • Menu mouse settings take some tweaks to get working properly for some people (I am one of the unlucky)

And even better, I read that RAGE 2 is has been in the planing phases since RAGE was released.  SO hopefully it is well underway in the development cycle   ;D

Source: http://rage.wikia.com/wiki/Rage_2

* I'm tryin to get a little more detailed with my reviews   :)

Offline «TcS»Menace2U®

• Global Moderator
Re: Sharks Review
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 10:42:24 PM »
Never to late for a good game Shark!!! Yeah, I did enjoy this game... i might reinstall it too. I thought the Graphics were damn good too.

When you get done with that one... you might want to look into 'Sniper Elite v2'. It was my first digital download (yep) bought the steam wallet at Gamestop.  I would recommend this game!!! lots of head-shot gore.
STEAM PROFILE
GAMER FOR LIFE

Offline «TcS»Shark®

• TcS Founder
  • Administrator
Re: Sharks Review
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 07:57:39 PM »
cool. I might have to check that one out Menace.  I just finished RAGE today.  The ending was alright. It was a little abrupt though.  Nothing really lead up to it, it just kinda happened.  Can't wait for RAGE 2, but we have to wait for DOOM 4 to release before we can even think about hearing any news about RAGE 2.  :-\