Author Topic: Escape from Tarkov  (Read 4533 times)

Offline «TcS»AF®

Re: Escape from Tarkov
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2017, 02:49:21 PM »
Thanks for sharing.  They really take it the extra mile in creating their games.  Glad the weapon sounds wont be like the pea shooters we hear in cod games.

Offline «TcS»AF®

« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2017, 01:19:27 PM »

Offline «TcS»Menace2U®

• Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2017, 12:39:40 PM »
After watching that vid AndrasF... The graphics are good, but I'm trying to get what the goal of this game is. Is is just sneaking around looting places and hoping not to get shot before I make it to the extraction? Reminds me of 'The Division'.

One thing I didn't like is that I would loose my back pack equipment if I die.  >:(  Is there a way to recover that or is it gone forever? What if, say I was playing with you, you decide to go homicidal on me to take my equipment, is there a way to get that back without hunting you down?

Another thing is, if when I'm going through my loot (screen with open slots are up), am I still able to get shot, or is the user frozen from incoming damage?
This type of game would probably irritate me. lol
STEAM PROFILE
GAMER FOR LIFE

Offline «TcS»AF®

« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2017, 09:08:25 PM »
Yes its similar to The Division, but your not actually going out to do missions where you get a reward for killing this person or that general etc.

There is a free roam mode, 1v1 mode, as well as raids and I think a few others.

The game will have a karma system for team kills... If you build up enough karma.. a bounty will be placed on your head and everyone will be after you to kill you, and once you die you loose all the gear you had on you.

When you die, you lose everything on you except whats in the gamma container and what you have in your stash.  Anything else (on your body) you lose and no way to get it back.  Makes you think twice about run and gun style gameplay. 

You can get shot while searching dead bodies.  You will have to make sure the area is clear before taking the time to search bodies, crates, etc.  I like it because it keeps you on your feet and always feeling slight paranoia.

Hopefully this answers some of your questions you may have.  Here is a link to their offical FAQ page with about 180 questions and answers.  https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/faq

Offline «TcS»Menace2U®

• Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2017, 07:50:41 PM »
Thanks AndrasF, helped out on my questions it gave me the answers I needed. I do plan to pick this up so if you would like to do some coop I will give it my best lol. Hopefully I get good at it.

Yes its similar to The Division, but your not actually going out to do missions where you get a reward for killing this person or that general etc.

There is a free roam mode, 1v1 mode, as well as raids and I think a few others.

The game will have a karma system for team kills... If you build up enough karma.. a bounty will be placed on your head and everyone will be after you to kill you, and once you die you loose all the gear you had on you.

When you die, you lose everything on you except whats in the gamma container and what you have in your stash.  Anything else (on your body) you lose and no way to get it back.  Makes you think twice about run and gun style gameplay. 

You can get shot while searching dead bodies.  You will have to make sure the area is clear before taking the time to search bodies, crates, etc.  I like it because it keeps you on your feet and always feeling slight paranoia.

Hopefully this answers some of your questions you may have.  Here is a link to their offical FAQ page with about 180 questions and answers.  https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/faq
STEAM PROFILE
GAMER FOR LIFE

Offline «TcS»AF®

« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2017, 08:43:35 PM »
yeah I can't wait to play it.  From what I've played in the closed alpha the game has a lot of potential.

Offline «TcS»AF®

« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2017, 11:25:57 PM »

Offline «TcS»AF®

« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2017, 06:54:45 PM »
Video of all ingame gun sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8tqF17BD4g