Author Topic: Forza Motorsport 3  (Read 1899 times)

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup

Offline «TcS»Menace2U®

• Global Moderator
STEAM PROFILE
GAMER FOR LIFE

Offline «TcS»Menace2U®

• Global Moderator
Re: Forza Motorsport 3
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 10:38:20 PM »
is this game only on the Xbox360?
STEAM PROFILE
GAMER FOR LIFE

Online «TcS»Shark®

• TcS Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 11:28:48 PM »
I think forza is an exclusive title for 360.

Offline «TcS»Bang_Bang®

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 11:35:50 PM »
yes yes it is, and these f'in videos would be much better without that damn in-car view

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 09:53:58 AM »
i got to play prologue on my friends ps3 and was like cool a while back.  but, after playing forza2 here recently it just seems cheap not to see car damage...especially after games likes grid.  i'm glad gt5 will finally incorporate car damage; not to blame them though.  apparently it's a big deal with car manufacturers/licensees and companies like polyphony and take10 need approval to thrash their cars.

i've been playing forza2 here recently considering i'm a diehard GT fan, especially gt3.  and i'll admit, forza2 is just as fun; controls just as good...looks great and there's visible damage when you run into things.  it doesn't have the depth, not saying it's a shallow racing game, but meaning it doesn't have every hatchback 2 door piece of crap ever made; depth of vehicles to drive.  forza2 to me feels like a refined gt3...meaning trim the fat ie all the ordinary cars i had no interest in racing.

gt5 prologue didn't wow me like gt3 did and what annoyed me somewhat was the fluctuation in frames...and in retrospect it's just awkward slaming into another car at over 100mph and no damage; but car damage will be added.  i know polyphony can deliver but damn...forza3 looks damn good and better than gt5 prologue.  trailers and promo vids are nice out of the sony camp but i want to see someone playing the game offscreen before i start buying into airbrushed photos and spruced up vids. 

Offline «TcS»Menace2U®

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 11:02:47 AM »
Well Piss!!

HB does Need for Speed: Shift interest you? This sure does look good!!
http://shift.needforspeed.com/us

yes yes it is, and these f'in videos would be much better without that damn in-car view
STEAM PROFILE
GAMER FOR LIFE

Offline «TcS»Bang_Bang®

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 01:36:48 PM »
i got to play prologue on my friends ps3 and was like cool a while back.  but, after playing forza2 here recently it just seems cheap not to see car damage...especially after games likes grid.  i'm glad gt5 will finally incorporate car damage; not to blame them though.  apparently it's a big deal with car manufacturers/licensees and companies like polyphony and take10 need approval to thrash their cars.

i've been playing forza2 here recently considering i'm a diehard GT fan, especially gt3.  and i'll admit, forza2 is just as fun; controls just as good...looks great and there's visible damage when you run into things.  it doesn't have the depth, not saying it's a shallow racing game, but meaning it doesn't have every hatchback 2 door piece of crap ever made; depth of vehicles to drive.  forza2 to me feels like a refined gt3...meaning trim the fat ie all the ordinary cars i had no interest in racing.

gt5 prologue didn't wow me like gt3 did and what annoyed me somewhat was the fluctuation in frames...and in retrospect it's just awkward slaming into another car at over 100mph and no damage; but car damage will be added.  i know polyphony can deliver but damn...forza3 looks damn good and better than gt5 prologue.  trailers and promo vids are nice out of the sony camp but i want to see someone playing the game offscreen before i start buying into airbrushed photos and spruced up vids. 

for me i play the game for the pure fun or racing not the crashes/damage. to me the whole damage thing people talk about is just like the people that just watch nascar of f1 just for the crashes which is lame. i have 0 interest in damage. but i will say this about the damage in gt if you notice in the video you only say damage on the rally car and nothing else and i wouldn't be surprised if the rally races are the only race events or cars that show damage. did you notice how on the nascar clip the camera cut away before the car hit the wall ;)  i just wish they would bring back the driving macanics or gt2.  the only forza i played was the first one and i didn't like it just felt like the car was floating above the road.

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 03:07:40 PM »

for me i play the game for the pure fun or racing not the crashes/damage. to me the whole damage thing people talk about is just like the people that just watch nascar of f1 just for the crashes which is lame. i have 0 interest in damage. but i will say this about the damage in gt if you notice in the video you only say damage on the rally car and nothing else and i wouldn't be surprised if the rally races are the only race events or cars that show damage. did you notice how on the nascar clip the camera cut away before the car hit the wall ;)  i just wish they would bring back the driving macanics or gt2.  the only forza i played was the first one and i didn't like it just felt like the car was floating above the road.

i agree...i didn't like how the first forza felt either thus didn't play it.  but forza2 has a much tighter feel.  actually i wasn't hyped about forza3 because i feel no game can top gran turismo but after being pleasantly surprised with forza2...i must say...competition is getting stiff.  and yeah...i'm not a car damage junky but after playing grid and forza2...it definitely adds to the realism.

Online «TcS»Shark®

• TcS Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 05:12:23 PM »
Well Piss!!

does Need for Speed: Shift interest you? This sure does look good!!
http://shift.needforspeed.com/us

NFS: Shift looks great.  I love the series and it looks like they are finally taking to the next level.