Author Topic: Protein  (Read 2139 times)

Offline «TcS»Zack®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
Protein
« on: February 08, 2011, 09:50:52 PM »
Is it better to mix protein powder into a shake or just into a bottle of water? Im looking into getting that Whey Protein and am just curious.

Offline «TcS»Bang_Bang®

• Global Moderator
Re: Protein
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 11:05:26 PM »
ive never really used water when mixing protein if you use milk i would use 1% or skim milk for the lower fat content.

but the main thing is the actual protein that your using.
things i look at when purchasing
1. Grass feed cows (over grain feed)
2. protein per serving

products i would recommend (and use)
1. 100% Whey Protein For before or right after workout
2. 100% Casein Protein A slower digestive protein many use when going to sleep so your body has some protein intake during those long hours of sleep

a good site for some research on everything not just protein
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/top50.htm

Offline «TcS»Ep1c®

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 03:35:29 PM »
Nice reply Bang. I would add that 100% whey isolate is a great choice. ON's Pro Complex is pretty good. GNC has a new line out of protein thats also pretty decent. I stay away from the BSN/Muscletech and similar because I feel they are overpriced.

I tell you another thing, this makes a great post workout snack. It has proteins and carbs (using natural honey), you need both to build muscle:
http://www.stonyfield.com/oikos/greek_yogurt/16_oz/honey/index.jsp

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 07:11:56 PM »
zack...skip the shakes if you can.  pure whole foods are always better than supplements.  eat 3-5 eggs in the mornings.  consume every 2hrs if you can.  some string cheese or handful of unsalted nuts(almonds, cashews, walnuts are best) before lunch.  then do a tuna or turkey sandwich for lunch.  i usually do an easy tuna and bean salad for lunch also.  then some mozzarella string cheese or handful of nuts again.  then grilled salmon with snap peas for dinner or a chicken salad.  you can do greek yogurt topped with honey and blueberries for desert or a good smoothie (instead of milk use muscle milk of your preferred flavor).  on the days you do workout hard...incorporate carbs.  quick carb dish cold and keeps for days is simple penne pasta with butter and italian cream cheese.  top with parmesan; a good mid day snack.  if you really want a heavy protein dinner...a $5 cut of ribeye steak works.  leave medium rare for more nutrients.

i was able to gain 30lbs doing this and remember it's not how much you consume it's what you consume if you're going to add muscle correctly.

i'm not against protein shakes but more often than not ppl rely on them more than anything else and over do it.

Offline «TcS»Ep1c®

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 07:57:15 AM »
HB is right its always better to get your source of protein and nutrients from whole foods versus the shakes.

Be sure your taking glutamine as well, not only does it help recovery it counter acts the increased blood acidity that comes with a high protein diet.

Offline «TcS»Zack®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 05:16:54 PM »
Thanks for the tips guys! I have been trying so hard to think about what is really good for my body to perform at its optimum level. I dont want to be a "juice head" by any means...all i want is to be stong, toned, and in great overall health.

Never knew so many of you guys worked out....its AWESOME!!

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 09:20:16 PM »
jb is fit.  you need to check his vids...he's the leanest 4'9'' guy i know.  as for myself...i'm almost where i want to be but i cheat a lot and with it being cold lately i haven't been as motivated because all my equipment is in my garage.  i know there's alternatives like pushups etc...  i'm 5'11'' and 175lbs but trying like a m'fer to get down to 160-165lbs lean.

Offline «TcS»Ep1c®

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 10:50:18 AM »
jb is fit.  you need to check his vids...he's the leanest 4'9'' guy i know...

Hahahaa nice!

Offline «TcS»Srix0n®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 05:05:28 PM »
its all great... but ull see sest results just by cutting out breads and other items rediculously full of carbs.
(my buddy is a body builder)

Offline «TcS»Zack®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 08:41:05 PM »
But bread is delicious.... >:(

Offline «TcS»||BAD||®

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 09:44:56 PM »
i'm almost where i want to be but i cheat a lot and with it being cold lately i haven't been as motivated because all my equipment is in my garage.

I wish I had a set at my place, there is no room. I would work out like everyday for sure.  Beats spending money at the gym...

Offline susanmethew

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 03:18:10 AM »
You shared such a very best and good information  with us. It is such a very much beneficial as well as informative information for me. Great to share with us, such a superb information.

Offline sharonbaker

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 09:43:37 PM »
Protein is needed for our skin, hair, muscle and internal organs. It helps to keep your body in active mode and prevent from certain type of health diseases.