Author Topic: MP demo March 1st  (Read 3060 times)

Offline «TcS»Menace2U®

• Global Moderator
MP demo March 1st
« on: February 16, 2011, 04:45:00 PM »
STEAM PROFILE
GAMER FOR LIFE

Offline «TcS»Menace2U®

• Global Moderator
Re: MP demo March 1st
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 12:09:02 PM »
It is out... the 'set up account' is being overwhelmed at this time lol. I got it downloaded but unable to play.

UPDATE

Finally got in to play... It visually looks good! The gameplay is fun too... The weapons feel somewhat like COD does.

I found out that one does not use the 'mycrysis' account to play the game., but create an account 'in game' using a different email and dif name than the one you use for 'mycrysis'. Wish they would of told people this, it would of saved me a headache!!
STEAM PROFILE
GAMER FOR LIFE

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 09:09:01 AM »
played it last night too via steam.  it looks stunning and to my surprise is actually fun.  i was running around in cloak mode sneaking up on ppl and stabbing their throats from behind.  the two maps 'skyline' and 'pier17' are works of art.  the only complaints i have so far are no recoil and aim assist which you can turn off.

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 11:22:19 AM »
yo...this game is fun.  it's every other fps-esque but done with so much style.  the pre-round orchestra/electronica lounge music...the round countdown sound effects...this game is pimp.

Offline «TcS»Menace2U®

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 09:32:26 PM »
There is one thing that does annoy me and that is the blue/white cloud blur effect they have going on.  WTH is that? The game is fun for a while, but I don't think its going to hold my attention that long. It seems like Im jumping like a baboon all the time up and down the walls.
STEAM PROFILE
GAMER FOR LIFE

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 09:45:14 PM »
The game is fun for a while, but I don't think its going to hold my attention that long.

sneaking up on someone cloaked and snapping their neck never gets old...

Offline «TcS»Srix0n®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 10:17:11 PM »
kinda fun.. like g.a.d. on steriods

Offline «TcS»Shark®

• TcS Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 01:30:51 AM »
how did you guys get your accounts to work? I signed up at the site cause the game said my email was in use already. I can login to the site, but not the game.  Do I have to have a different email address for the game?

EDIT:
Guess I skipped your post Menace...
I found out that one does not use the 'mycrysis' account to play the game., but create an account 'in game' using a different email and dif name than the one you use for 'mycrysis'. Wish they would of told people this, it would of saved me a headache!!

I don't want to create a new email address just to play.. thats a pain in the ass.  >:(

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 06:56:19 PM »
i created a username and an old email address i don't even use.  try using a fake email address or use a public email address...let them get the spam.

Offline «TcS»Shark®

• TcS Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 12:48:32 PM »
lol. sounds like a good plan.  I'll give it a try tonight.

Offline «TcS»||BAD||®

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 09:32:53 PM »
whats your ingame names?

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 02:29:55 PM »
Bad...some sp footage for you...Optical Overload

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 10:40:43 AM »
i've enjoyed the multi demo i got on steam...it's fun...real fun actually.  and i must say that the sp campaign for this game will likely be the best this year.  and graphically...as good as bf3 looks...it falls short of crysis 2.  when or if you all play crysis 2...you'll see and understand why.  for those of you with quad systems and beefy video cards...you'll be able to max this game and run it better than you've dreamed.  i know af with that quad and 5870 you'll run it easy.  i hooked my pc up to my bigscreen and ran it at 1920x1080 on hardcore settings and kept 60fps...vsync on because i like the silkyness. 

reviews should start surfacing soon...and i'll go ahead and predict that they're all going to give crysis 2 very high marks. 

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 10:42:18 AM »
...and i mean really really high!  ;D

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 06:49:26 PM »
reviews should start surfacing soon...and i'll go ahead and predict that they're all going to give crysis 2 very high marks.

well looky here...http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1156446p1.html

PC review is in the works...

Offline «TcS»Menace2U®

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 09:12:40 PM »
I would have to say Im just slightly a little disappointed in it (there is something wrong with it... I just cant put my finger on it). It sure does look good for a DX9 game, really good, but... I want DX10!! (I know a patch is coming). I think the first one was better. This game is still good but it sure is directed at the console players this time around. The weapons do feel good, just like in the first one, the graphics... I was expecting more!!

Ive only played about an hour, from what Ive seen so far its good, not outstanding, but really good! The MP plays like the demo does, nothing new.
Its fun for a couple of rounds, then... yeah boredom. lol

I would have to give it a 8.7 out of 10.

Game-rankings for the PC...
http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/960489-crysis-2/index.html

STEAM PROFILE
GAMER FOR LIFE

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 10:05:56 PM »
i'm running it on 'extreme'.  visually, nothing compares.  if a game looks good...it looks good...that simple.  i could care less about dx9/10/11.  i mean the drastic jump visually from dx9 to dx10 was...oh wait...that's right...there wasn't any.  bottom line...no game looks this good.  and, i think ppl will be surprised how optimized it is on weaker systems.

i'm sorry but, what's your favorite mp game?  mw2?  black ops?  bf?  hit detection in this is superb.  servers are pinged.  and, above all, the long overdue concept of collecting dogtags to earn killstreak rewards has been needed for some time now.  the days of queer snipers perched on the edges of maps picking ppl off then after 3-4 kills call for support are over.  having to go and get the dogtag of someone you've just killed promotes less camping and more action.  i mean...it's difficult for me because...i find myself just standing there admiring the beautiful maps as combat commences around me.  and upgrading in this game is slick...cod-esque but unique to the game itself.

i mean what's better out there right now?...so i can go play it.  oh...and the sp campaign blows every other sp game within the genre out of the water.  finally a campaign that's longer than 4-5hrs.   

Offline «TcS»Menace2U®

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 11:01:01 PM »
I like bigger MP maps that's why I like BFBC2 and the BF series. Yeah the hit detection is horrible... (yes the hit detection in this game is way better than the BFBC series) lol.

The AI in this game took me off guard a couple of times  :o  :)

Yeah, there is nothing out there at this time that can come close to it... I second that.

i'm running it on 'extreme'.  visually, nothing compares.  if a game looks good...it looks good...that simple.  i could care less about dx9/10/11.  i mean the drastic jump visually from dx9 to dx10 was...oh wait...that's right...there wasn't any.  bottom line...no game looks this good.  and, i think ppl will be surprised how optimized it is on weaker systems.

i'm sorry but, what's your favorite mp game?  mw2?  black ops?  bf?  hit detection in this is superb.  servers are pinged.  and, above all, the long overdue concept of collecting dogtags to earn killstreak rewards has been needed for some time now.  the days of queer snipers perched on the edges of maps picking ppl off then after 3-4 kills call for support are over.  having to go and get the dogtag of someone you've just killed promotes less camping and more action.  i mean...it's difficult for me because...i find myself just standing there admiring the beautiful maps as combat commences around me.  and upgrading in this game is slick...cod-esque but unique to the game itself.

i mean what's better out there right now?...so i can go play it.  oh...and the sp campaign blows every other sp game within the genre out of the water.  finally a campaign that's longer than 4-5hrs.
STEAM PROFILE
GAMER FOR LIFE