Author Topic: Looks like a console port  (Read 1739 times)

Offline «TcS»Menace2U®

• Global Moderator
Looks like a console port
« on: February 22, 2011, 12:49:36 PM »
from what I have been reading, there are a lot of problems with the pc version. FOV, screen tearing, etc.
and after playing the demo on the PS3 I would have to agree that this game is a so so game. Its an average shooter.

Now I know why that waited to release a pc demo after the release!! Cause it sucks!

I think Im going to wait on this game until a price drop... (save my $$ for Crysis 2). Going to get Killzone 3 instead.

http://forums.epicgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=399

http://www.bulletstormforum.com/bulletstorm-pc/

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1089

STEAM PROFILE
GAMER FOR LIFE

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
Re: Looks like a console port
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 05:51:40 PM »
i'll keep you posted with the pc port as i have it.  i downloaded the ps3 demo and it ran fine and looked good.

i'll agree though...save your $ for crysis2 'cause the sp campaign alone is worth it and it's not a short campaign either...they stretched that sh!t out.  that and the possibility of a great mp experience so yeah...saving for it isn't a bad idea at all.

going to download the kz3 demo tonight to see if it's worth the time...

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 11:20:35 PM »
lol...are those gears of war pc threads?  thank you...thank you i'll be here all night.  this game has similar problems as gow pc.  the stuttering when you get to a new section.  artifacts if you enable AA and i'm on the latest nvidia drivers.  the dialogue seems to be trying too hard to be funny and cool.  it looks good...i'm able to run it but past all the little issues...regardless, it's not worth the price of admission.

Offline «TcS»Menace2U®

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 01:22:01 PM »
yeah, after seeing more of the problems that are posted online Im definitely holding off on this one. $60.00... I dont think so.

lol...are those gears of war pc threads?  thank you...thank you i'll be here all night.  this game has similar problems as gow pc.  the stuttering when you get to a new section.  artifacts if you enable AA and i'm on the that latest nvidia drivers.  the dialogue seems to be trying too hard to be funny and cool.  it looks good...i'm able to run it but past all the little issues...regardless, it's not worth the price of admission.
STEAM PROFILE
GAMER FOR LIFE

Offline «TcS»Srix0n®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 06:37:19 PM »
lmao i cant believe they charged that much, ppl i know on steam
say it runs like garbage and is not much fun

yeah, after seeing more of the problems that are posted online Im definitely holding off on this one. $60.00... I dont think so.

lol...are those gears of war pc threads?  thank you...thank you i'll be here all night.  this game has similar problems as gow pc.  the stuttering when you get to a new section.  artifacts if you enable AA and i'm on the that latest nvidia drivers.  the dialogue seems to be trying too hard to be funny and cool.  it looks good...i'm able to run it but past all the little issues...regardless, it's not worth the price of admission.

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 06:40:12 PM »
it's like they know it sucks but want to make a quick buck hence the overhype and lack of a pc demo.

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 12:53:22 PM »
ok...so i've worked through some of the technical issues although it's lame to even deal with them out of the box.  but the game runs smooth for the most part and IS the best looking unreal3engine game.  there are some moments in the game that are impressive.  the graphics are so detailed and sharp with a lot going on...not saying it's worth $60 but it's not entirely horrible.

Offline «TcS»Menace2U®

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 01:28:55 PM »
wait until its $20.00 for me then.

ok...so i've worked through some of the technical issues although it's lame to even deal with them out of the box.  but the game runs smooth for the most part and IS the best looking unreal3engine game.  there are some moments in the game that are impressive.  the graphics are so detailed and sharp with a lot going on...not saying it's worth $60 but it's not entirely horrible.
STEAM PROFILE
GAMER FOR LIFE

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 07:00:56 PM »
this game and crysis 2 are the best looking games easily.  the detail and scope though in bulletstorm graphically is unbelievable.  both games have completely different styles but unreal3engine in this game is a beast...on steroids.

Offline «TcS»||BAD||®

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 09:43:23 PM »
torrent this...

Offline «TcS»Shark®

• TcS Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 08:58:18 PM »
I bought it on steam before heading out to this job. I've played a couple hours so far.  I like it.  I have to play on low settings on my laptop, but it still looks good.  The voice acting is alright, kinda comical at times. 

So far I like the game. not sure if I like the story yet, but finding different way to kill enemies is fun.  I'm sure I will play through it multiple times. and when I get my new system built I can't wait to see what it looks like on max settings.

I wasn't sure if I wasted my money when I bought it, but after a couple hours of playing, I know I didn't waste my money.

It's doesn't seem too much like a console port to me.  Once you get your keys mapped well, it feels like a PC game to me.

I give it 4 out of 5 smilies
 :) :) :) :)