Author Topic: How Crytek doomed Crysis 2′s PC version  (Read 1562 times)

Offline «TcS»Menace2U®

• Global Moderator
How Crytek doomed Crysis 2′s PC version
« on: March 23, 2011, 02:15:49 PM »
http://www.dasreviews.com/das-latest-greatest/crytek-doomed-crysis-2s-pc-version/

Crysis 2 graphics suck. Yes the graphics suck and you all know why. Crytek sold us out for a bunch of pussy 360 gamers.
http://www.hardocp.com/news/2011/03/23/crysis_2_pretty_much_sucks_sloppy
STEAM PROFILE
GAMER FOR LIFE

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
Re: How Crytek doomed Crysis 2′s PC version
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 06:44:17 PM »
-IGN PC Review
9.0 Presentation
Crysis 2 folds all of its interface into a slick, elegant in-game solution that draws you further in. The story has holes, but remains interesting throughout.
9.5 Graphics
Crysis 2 on PC outshines its console counterparts with better textures, higher resolutions, and framerates. It's one of the best looking games on PC, easily.

9.5 Sound
Fantastic sound effects and positional audio are complimented by one of the best orchestral scores I've ever heard in a game.
9.0 Gameplay
Crysis offers a unique play experience that emphasizes clever power usage against smart AI. It plays fantastically well - when it's working.
9.5 Lasting Appeal
The campaign may last as long as 11 hours, and features a new game+ hook. With a fully realized multiplayer mode, Crysis 2 could keep your interest for quite a while.

That fool on dasreviews needs to get out from his hole.  This kid is surprised that the game doesn't cater to PC users like previous releases.  Once he slips out of his coma someone should tell him that games like mass effect 2, dead space 1/2, mw2, blackops, Bulletstorm and every other release for the past couple of years has seen the same console-esque treatment on PC.

And what about the DX10 golden years of gaming?...that's right...there wasn't any.  Direct X my d!ck!  How about that?

Food for thought...http://www.tomshardware.com/news/API-DirectX-11-Shader-Richard-Huddy-PC-gaming,12418.html

Excuse me for being so brash but if it looks pretty I could care less about your unigine tesselation malarkey!

These kiddies need to get off their AMD 3500+s w/1gig of ddr400 and 6600GTs before they go crying to mommy about why crysis2 doesn't look good...   

Offline «TcS»Menace2U®

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 07:27:59 PM »
ROFL... I knew that would get a rise out of you HB.

It is true... The more I play the game... the more I am enjoying it. It is really good 'graphic wise' HB. HB, I do agree with you on one thing... I really cant tell that much difference dx9 vs dx10 has, but dx11 is a different story, ie BF3.

Like that article had to say... maybe it is time for dx to go away lol.

Q. Why cant they do that anyway... ie come out with a game that bypasses dx?
STEAM PROFILE
GAMER FOR LIFE

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 07:59:23 PM »
crytek clearly developed a crossplatform api that they've been showing off prior to this release to make their jobs easier.  unfortunately, i don't see how practical it would be without an api like directx.  with varying hardware options that seem endless when it comes to PC hardware...trouble shooting compatibility problems would be too much to take on one would assume.

mp is pretty damn good with this game...anyone else on this game? 

Online «TcS»Shark®

• TcS Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 09:26:44 PM »
I will be as soon as I get my new laptop or pc... whichever comes first.

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 10:33:18 PM »
you'll be pleased...it's an impressive game.

i constantly load the game up daily because it's hard to believe what i'm seeing at times...it looks so good you'll want to constantly remind yourself it does by playing it all the time.

the explosions especially, particle effects, and lighting really flatten everything else out there.  someone else needs to launch a technically impressive game quick to bridge this gap.  yeah...crytek has lengthened it that much!

Offline «TcS»HB®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 02:40:14 PM »
I will be as soon as I get my new laptop or pc... whichever comes first.

so shark...you're getting both or...one or the other?  if you get that desktop you mentioned in the other thread...you're set man.  and if you decide to oc it...get at me to save yourself the time and research since i've already gone through all that prime testing etc...considering we'd have the same platforms and likely components if you do decide on it.

Offline «TcS»||BAD||®

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 07:24:16 PM »
ive been playing the demo and it is visually pleasing, runs very smooth on my system :D