Author Topic: No One Panic  (Read 1886 times)

Offline healyboys

• Minecraft Moderator
No One Panic
« on: August 04, 2014, 06:27:36 PM »
Yes, the servers are down. We know. Dint panic, its being fixed as we speak, sorry for the inconvenience. Please stand by while we fix the issues.
"Though this be madness, yet there is method in't." - Shakespeare

Offline CISsuperdroid

• Minecraft Player
Re: No One Panic
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 10:32:29 AM »
Yeah, I mean, idk about the other servers, but Bukkit seemed SO buggy with plenty of "timed out" errors, and I don't even try to get on anymore, along with the server map not responding. I was going to ask someone important why so, but I guess it's being looked over now (unles you don't mean all of the servers...?

Offline healyboys

• Minecraft Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 08:39:19 PM »
Every TCS server was bugged. the 4 we have. thats what i ment
"Though this be madness, yet there is method in't." - Shakespeare

Offline CISsuperdroid

• Minecraft Player
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 08:07:48 AM »
Ah, I see. Well, this is good news (that it's being fixed)! I hope everything will be back to normal soon!

Offline CISsuperdroid

• Minecraft Player
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 09:47:22 AM »
Okay, when I first responded to this post the server was same as usual, but now it is in disarray, with the towns not existing and my homes being deleted, as well as my not being able to open doors or chests in my own home because of towny, so I hope the fixing applies to these issues as well. Thanks!

Offline CISsuperdroid

• Minecraft Player
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 05:50:24 PM »
Now, I must ask this: what of the update? With 1.8 out, I don't think we will be getting a Bukkit update to the server, as the Mojang/Bukkit issue prevents compatibility, I believe. Will we remain stagnant? Will we be able to move later? I am considering abandoning the server and even TCS altogether, as I do not have the capability nor resources to get the mods for other servers, and the Bukkit server seems to be of low priority among the higher-ups. Now, I do not want to offend anybody, especially Shark, as I appreciate all they've been doing, but I'm not sure if the situation is going to get any better. I know someone is checking this mtopic daily, as the views go up one each day I do NOT check it, so I would like at least a minute explanation. Thanks.

Offline «TcS»Shark®

• TcS Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 07:19:23 PM »
Now, I must ask this: what of the update? With 1.8 out, I don't think we will be getting a Bukkit update to the server, as the Mojang/Bukkit issue prevents compatibility, I believe. Will we remain stagnant? Will we be able to move later? I am considering abandoning the server and even TCS altogether, as I do not have the capability nor resources to get the mods for other servers, and the Bukkit server seems to be of low priority among the higher-ups. Now, I do not want to offend anybody, especially Shark, as I appreciate all they've been doing, but I'm not sure if the situation is going to get any better. I know someone is checking this mtopic daily, as the views go up one each day I do NOT check it, so I would like at least a minute explanation. Thanks.

Sorry. I have been really busy for the past few months.  I did get everythign updated to 1.7.10 a while back, but as far as 1.8 goes... I can run a vanilla server if you want that, or I can run a mdded 1.7.10 with compatible plugins so it acts just like bukkit.  A new framework is being developed (current name is "Sponge")  I idle the IRC channels and will have some of my own code in this.  Whenever I have free time I will spend it on contributing to the Sponge project to try and get it pushed faster so we can continue a fun plugin based server.

The sponge framework is going to act like a mix between bukkit and forge. so a server can run mods and sponge plugins together easily.

Offline CISsuperdroid

• Minecraft Player
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 06:09:48 PM »
Ok, thank you, Shark. I hadn't heard much of anything for so long, I was getting concerned. Just fixing the current server would be fine, although if it is less work to just run an new server, and you are willing to do so, then that might be a good option. I do not want to appear like a brat who demands that they play on a new server, however. Thanks for the efforts, Shark, and I would be happy with either scenario, modding the current server or making a new one for 1.8 (the latter not needed to revert backwards in the launcher). Thanks again!