Author Topic: Pirate COD:4 rate is astounding devs  (Read 1061 times)

Offline «TcS»Menace2U®

• Global Moderator
Re: Pirate COD:4 rate is astounding devs
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 08:09:17 AM »

Another good article as why not to pirate games...
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50748

STEAM PROFILE
GAMER FOR LIFE

Offline JetT™

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 02:25:54 PM »
I know its not ok to do so,but its so freakin easy to,i think thats why we do it,just the fact that we know we can save money so easily and not get caught,i think its the little evil side of us all thats makes us do it.Besides the fact that i saved about 600$ doing so is quite satisfying as well.But, of the games ive downloaded, a few of them i would of never of bought anyway.

BTW: look at this link and read the numbers,and then ask me if i feel bad pirating games:they are making hundreds of millions in revenues.This is just one company.I saw other examples as well

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/news.html?sid=6160945

Offline «TcS»Bang_Bang®

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 02:37:27 PM »
thats why you use a system like steam, and make multiplayer games. how many pirited copies of Team Fortress 2 have been downloaded ??? or how many copies of CS 1.6 or CS source??? EXACTLY ...and look how many people play them  and look how many people play mmos now how many people play pirited mmos?? umm let me think NONE  :D Problem solved. these companys need to stop crying like bitc*** and use their damn heads.   

Hi im Bang_Bang, and i approve this message.

Offline «TcS»Menace2U®

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 03:04:23 PM »
True BANG I.W. should of done something to prevent this ahead of time knowing it would happen.

thats why you use a system like steam, and make multiplayer games. how many pirited copies of Team Fortress 2 have been downloaded ??? or how many copies of CS 1.6 or CS source??? EXACTLY ...and look how many people play them  and look how many people play mmos now how many people play pirited mmos?? umm let me think NONE  :D Problem solved. these companys need to stop crying like bitc*** and use their damn heads.   

Hi im Bang_Bang, and i approve this message.
STEAM PROFILE
GAMER FOR LIFE

Offline JetT™

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 04:48:10 PM »
Steam cracks have been out for a long time,LAN works thats for sure,but ofcoarse the internet crack may be harder to apply.and dont forget that not everybody likes or plays online.

Offline «TcS»Larzuk®

• «TcS» MemberGroup
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 01:19:59 AM »
Steam is easy to get past and finding the fix is the way to go especially when you have dial up. Seeing how steam automatically updates your games even when you dont want to update them. Hell you can find it anywhere to download a private server fix and play online whenever you want. Same goes for any mmo.

As for the CS:S I have seen it downloaded thousands of times. All it takes it looking at sites to see the number and watch how the public help each otehr out to get it to work with cracks.....